Civil Project Engineer
Join the TAIT Team!
We are the leader in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. We are a consistent leader in the most high-profile projects and markets throughout the Western United States. Projects may include master-planned communities, innovative hospitality, mixed-use/ urban infill, industrial distribution centers, transportation networks, regional and national utility providers, and public works agencies. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964.
We want talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. We provide a variety of training opportunities, top tier benefits, work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. TAIT has been ranked a Top Workplace since 2016, join an amazing team!
This position is in the Santa Ana office. The Civil Project Engineer will assist in the design of private and public land development projects including grading, drainage analysis, street design, street widening, water distribution, sewage collection and storm drain systems. Additional tasks include preparation of SWPPPs, WQMPs and SUSMPs based on the new general permit and water quality requirements by county.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with 5+ years’ experience in civil engineering field.
- E.I.T. certification required, PE preferred.
- Proficiency in computer design programs AutoCAD 2009 or newer, Civil 3D and Hydrology Hydraulics software.
- Experience with commercial-retail projects a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Manage and coordinate design engineers to achieve project goals.
- Transform initial rough product design information into working construction documents using AutoCAD.
- Utilize AutoCAD and Civil 3D in preparation of plans for drainage, precise grading, water, sewer, storm drain, street improvements and site planning for land development projects.
- Prepare engineering drawings to specified standards.
- Design basic construction documents and prepare special exhibits and constraint maps using field data and engineering research.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for position: $83,200 - $97,76/yr
TAIT invests in you by providing a comprehensive compensation & benefits program along with the opportunity for professional growth and development. Our benefits package includes valuable and affordable options for health, dental, vision, employer paid life insurance, 401(k) with match, generous paid time off and other supplemental benefits. TAIT’s core value is it’s culture of kindness. With this, you’ll find a family-oriented environment and flexibility to manage work & life with a rewarding career. Here are some benefits you can find when you join the TAIT Team:
- Medical options including PPO and HDHP with Health Savings Accounts (no extra charges for spouse or dependent coverage)
- Dental Plans with little to no deductible
- Vision PPO plan that’s accepted widely from local offices to large retailers
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Dependent Care and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off to relax and recharge with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Annual memberships with Strava or Headspace for additional health & wellness benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave time options to care for the newest little family members
- Support for professional growth & development
- Corporate Lodging Program (CLC)