Senior Job Captain
We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County :) don't wait to apply
This position is in the Norco, CA office, working under the direction of the Project Manager.
The Sr. Job Captain will assist in the design & coordination of architectural projects including colored elevations, color boards, and renderings. Additional tasks include preparation construction documents, entitlement packages and other tasks and responsibilities as required in the Architectural field.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare construction documents and coordinate with staff, consultants and some interaction with clients.
- Prepare/Coordinate presentation drawings including colored elevations, color boards, and renderings.
- Coordinate office materials library.
- Preparation/Coordination of entitlement packages
- Assist with construction administration duties including RFI’s, submittals,
- Review drawings and material samples for conformance with design
Minimum Education and Skills Experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in commercial architecture
- Strong understanding of CBC, disabled access requirements, and Autocad drawings
- Proficient in all drafting techniques and understanding of working drawings
- Knowledge of code and building systems
- Ability to complete an entire construction document process
- Proficiency using AutoCAD (recent release)
- Working knowledge of graphics software, specifically SketchUp and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Revit a plus
- Skilled at multitasking and working in a team environment
- Current experience in CA projects
- Attend client meetings at job site locations or TAIT offices as needed.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites/ client meetings.
- Ability to occasionally lift plan sets that range in weight from 1lb – 20lbs.