Designated UST Operator
Join the TAIT Team!
We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start your career with a Top Workplace in Orange County :) don't wait to apply
The Designated Operator (UST System Operator) is responsible for scheduling and conducting state-mandated 30-Day visual UST inspections. Travel to various UST facilities; out of town and out of state travel monthly. Follow Designated UST Operator procedure and perform all duties of the Designated UST Operator on behalf of the client. Candidate must be willing to travel – a TAIT service truck will be assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain a Valid ICC UST System Operator certification.
- Schedule appointments with tank owners or site management as necessary for each site visit.
- Use own vehicle (or TAIT service vehicle) to travel to 50+ UST facilities per month.
- Completely and accurately fill out the monthly UST inspection checklist, submitting on time.
- Enter inspection data into online web-based data collection system using company laptop, submit data on time.
- Train client’s facility personnel as required.
- Explain observations from visual inspection to appropriate client site personnel.
- Immediately communicate all non-compliance risks to the program coordinator.
- Follow company safety procedures including safe motor vehicle operation.
Minimum Work Experience
- Experience performing Designated Operator or A/B Operator inspections.
- Valid California Driver’s License and ability to drive extensively; often 1,000+ miles per week.
- Self-direction and ability to work alone.
- Good organization and scheduling skills.
- Use laptop computer, printer along with ability to use Outlook and other Microsoft suite programs.
- Ability to review and interpret reports and documents.
- Ability to conduct group training events.
- Ability to work effectively & professionally with clients.
- Knowledge of UST systems and current regulations regarding their proper operation
Preferred Education and Skills Experience
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of UST systems and current regulations regarding their proper operation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to speak clearly & professionally to communicate with clients.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites and ability to drive extensive distances, often 1,000+ miles per week.
- Ability to walk on job sites that may be dirt, cement, asphalt, uneven concrete, other.
- Ability to read and interpret machine diagnostic reports.
Salary and Benefits
Pay Range $22.00-$26.00/hr
- Paid Holiday, Sick and Vacation
- Flexible Schedule
- Great Company Work Culture