Service Technician Apprentice
Join the TAIT Team!
We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start or grow your career with a great company!
Petroleum Storage Tank Service Technician Apprentice: Position Description
This apprentice position will train to become a Petroleum Service Technician. The Petroleum Service Technician plays a critical role in the environmental compliance efforts of our clients. Service Technicians test, maintain, and repair all refueling equipment for the petroleum industry, as well as commercial and municipal refueling facilities, marinas, and airports. The Technician will ensure that state and local regulatory directives regarding storage and monitoring systems are met. Technician will work closely with client personnel as a company representative, perform maintenance, and troubleshooting without direct supervision. This individual will serve as the eyes and ears of our clients identifying and documenting all compliant and any observed non-compliant issues.
Travel Requirements: This position requires approximately 4 weeks of initial training from the Richardson, TX office. The 4-week initial training period will require travel with overnight stays approximately 75% of the time. After initial training period, this position will require overnight travel 25%-50% of the time. Travel costs including per diem, transportation, and hotel stays will be paid by company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete required training classes, both in person and online, to obtain position required certifications.
- Complete and obtain 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate after initial 4-week training program.
- Complete training in the field with experienced Service Technicians and Designated Operators.
- A/B Operator Inspections, Monitoring System Certifications, Spill Bucket testing, vapor recovery testing, and other testing per state regulatory requirements.
- Diagnose and perform repairs on UST & AST systems.
- Work with handheld tools (pipe wrenches, pipe threader, voltmeter, etc.)
- Complete project associated paperwork as required and submit on time.
- Enter inspection data / associated paperwork into online web-based data collection systems using company laptop.
- Complete timecard and work orders daily.
- Drive company work truck to client job sites.
- Follow all company specific and client specific job safety requirements; maintain a safe working environment.
- Self-direction and ability to work alone.
Minimum Work Experience
- Valid & current Driver’s License and ability to drive extensively up to 1,000 miles per week.
- Experience working with general handheld tools (pipe wrenches, pipe threader, voltmeter, etc.)
- Organization and scheduling skills.
- Previous experience with laptop/ computer and printer along with experience using email, and Microsoft programs.
Preferred Education and Skills Experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Experience review and interpret reports and documents.
- Ability to work effectively & professionally with team & clients.
- Climbing ladders; carrying/ using hand tools & parts; lifting sump lids with assistance.
- Walking, driving, climbing, kneeling, standing to perform tasks at each site.
- Ability to speak clearly & professionally to communicate with team & clients.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites and ability to drive extensive distances, up to 1,000 miles per week.
- Ability to walk around job sites that may be dirt, cement, asphalt, uneven concrete, other.
Salary & Health Benefits
- Medical , Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holiday & Sick
- Life Insurance