Designated UST Operator
Join the TAIT Team!
We are the leader in Underground & Above Ground storage tank maintenance and repair. Our National Fleet of skilled service technicians, designers and project managers are responsible for the construction, testing, repair, and regulatory compliance of underground and above ground storage tanks across the Country. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964.
We want talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. We provide a variety of training opportunities, top tier benefits, work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. TAIT has been ranked a Top Workplace since 2016, join an amazing team!
The Designated Operator (UST System Operator) is responsible for scheduling and conducting state-mandated 30-Day visual UST inspections. Travel to various UST facilities; out of town and out of state travel monthly. Follow Designated UST Operator procedure and perform all duties of the Designated UST Operator on behalf of the client. Candidate must be willing to travel – a TAIT service truck will be assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a Valid ICC UST System Operator certification.
- Schedule appointments with tank owners or site management as necessary for each site visit.
- Use own vehicle (or TAIT service vehicle) to travel to 50+ UST facilities per month.
- Completely and accurately fill out the monthly UST inspection checklist, submitting on time.
- Enter inspection data into online web-based data collection system using company laptop, submit data on time.
- Train client’s facility personnel as required.
- Explain observations from visual inspection to appropriate client site personnel.
- Immediately communicate all non-compliance risks to the program coordinator.
- Follow company safety procedures including safe motor vehicle operation.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Experience performing Designated Operator or A/B Operator inspections.
- Valid California Driver’s License and ability to drive extensively; often 1,000+ miles per week.
- Self-direction and ability to work alone.
- Good organization and scheduling skills.
- Use laptop computer, printer along with ability to use Outlook and other Microsoft suite programs.
- Ability to review and interpret reports and documents.
- Ability to conduct group training events.
- Ability to work effectively & professionally with clients.
- Knowledge of UST systems and current regulations regarding their proper operation
Preferred Education and Skills Experience:
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Knowledge of UST systems and current regulations regarding their proper operation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Ability to speak clearly & professionally to communicate with clients.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites and ability to drive extensive distances, often 1,000+ miles per week.
- Ability to walk on job sites that may be dirt, cement, asphalt, uneven concrete, other.
- Ability to read and interpret machine diagnostic reports.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for position: $22.00-$26.00/hr
TAIT invests in you by providing a comprehensive compensation & benefits program along with the opportunity for professional growth and development. Our benefits package includes valuable and affordable options for health, dental, vision, employer paid life insurance, 401(k) with match, generous paid time off and other supplemental benefits. TAIT’s core value is it’s culture of kindness. With this, you’ll find a family-oriented environment and flexibility to manage work & life with a rewarding career. Here are some benefits you can find when you join the TAIT Team:
- Medical options including PPO and HDHP with Health Savings Accounts (no extra charges for spouse or dependent coverage)
- Dental Plans with little to no deductible
- Vision PPO plan that’s accepted widely from local offices to large retailers
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Dependent Care and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off to relax and recharge with vacation, holidays and sick time.
- Annual memberships with Strava or Headspace for additional health & wellness benefits
- Maternity & Paternity leave time options to care for the newest little family members
- Support for professional growth & development
- Corporate Lodging Program (CLC)