Join the TAIT Team!
We are leaders in improving civilization through the design and development of our physical environment. TAIT is a family company and continues to grow since 1964. Join TAIT & become an integral part of a stellar team!
We are looking for talented, motivated, and technically driven individuals who want to join a company with excellent opportunities for career growth and development. TAIT fosters and encourages each Associate's entrepreneurial spirit with every project & design opportunity. We provide a variety of training opportunities to develop your skills, top tier benefits because we care about your well-being, a real work-life balance & the flexibility life needs, and an unbeatable friendly, professional, positive work environment. Here's your chance to start or grow your career with a great company!
The Petroleum Service Technician plays a critical role in the environmental compliance efforts of our clients. Service Technicians test, maintain and repair all refueling equipment for the petroleum industry, as well as commercial and municipal refueling facilities, marinas, and airports. The Technician will ensure that state and local regulatory directives regarding storage and monitoring systems are met. Technician will work closely with client personnel as a company representative, perform maintenance, and troubleshooting without direct supervision. Technician will serve as the eyes and ears of our clients identifying and documenting all compliant and any observed non-compliant issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Successfully complete training classes, both in person and online, to obtain and maintain valid certifications throughout the year.
- Perform Monitoring Certification, Line Testing, Secondary Containment testing, Spill Bucket testing, and vapor recovery testing per state regulatory requirements.
- Correctly diagnose problems and perform repairs on UST & AST systems.
- Perform vapor recovery testing per state regulatory requirements.
- Drive company work truck to client job sites. Overnight travel may be required.
- Complete projects by entering test data online within specific timeframe to remain in compliance; use email & internet.
- Perform all work safely according to company and client job safety requirements.
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum of 1-year industry experience
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive up to 1,000 miles per week.
- Self-direction and ability to work alone.
- Good organization and scheduling skills.
- Use laptop computer and printer along with ability to email, understand Microsoft programs.
- Ability to review and interpret reports and documents.
- Ability to work effectively & professionally with clients.
- Knowledge of UST systems and current regulations regarding their proper operation.
Preferred Education and Skills Experience
- Veeder Root Installer and Technician Certification
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and a desire to function in a position of high visibility both internal and external to the company.
- Climbing ladders; carrying/ using hand tools & parts; lifting sump lids with assistance.
- Walking, driving, climbing, kneeling, standing to perform tasks at each site.
- Ability to speak clearly & professionally to communicate with team & clients.
- Ability to drive a vehicle to job sites and ability to drive extensive distances, up to 1,000 miles per week.
- Ability to walk around job sites that may be dirt, cement, asphalt, uneven concrete, other.